Top 16 Best SEO Tools - Detailed Analysis (2020)
“Search engine Optimisation Tools,” is one of the highly searched topics on Google each year. The ever-growing competition in the field of SEO software and also complex updates to search engine crawlers has made SEO a complex task than ever before.
In the current scenario building, a website is not an easy task. A few years back, a website would rank on the first page of Google SERP by just adding more targeted keywords and some relevant content.
Today, Google search engine and other search engines rank a website based on more than 200 ranking signals. Search engines are tracking your website performance round the clock, comparing various quality metrics and primarily user experience.
Due to the complexity of the SEO process, more and more websites outsource this job to specialists or digital marketing agencies. Another alternative to this process is using best SEO tools, which give accurate metrics that can help us optimize our website. So let me explain to you about best SEO tools and their advantages.
SEO tools are an application or a web app built to collect data, crawl, compare metrics and provide feedback and information to the users, which will help them make changes on their website and optimize to rank better on SERP.
SEO tools are built by companies and specialists who have years of experience in ranking websites on Google and other search engines. They have done years of research and put in many efforts to build several robust tools that are available today.
Apart from SEO tools to get the best experience of your website, robust hosting is crucial to keep up. There are many hosting providers, we have analyzed most of the service providers, and made a list of best web hosting providers for 2020. For those who want to build a website from scratch but no knowledge of coding, it is fine! We have a list of Top 7 Website Builders, which can help you to build websites like a breeze.
Advantages of Using SEO Tools
- Cost-effective: Compared to outsourcing or hiring a specialist to optimize a website, it is much cheaper to subscribe to basic plans of a few SEO tools.
- Easy to use: The developers ensure that even a new user would be able to master the tool in a short period. Often they also have a free online course to teach new users.
- Reliable: Search engines use complex algorithms to rank websites. SEO tools are also similarly built, and hence often, they are more accurate than any specialist in providing information about your website or current search trends. Today even the SEO specialists use these tools to make informed decisions for their clients.
- Availability: SEO tools are available online and hence accessed from any part of the world with internet access. On the other hand, an SEO specialist may not be available in your city.
- Monitoring and Reporting: SEO tools are handy to monitor the website, search trends, and other metrics changing in the online world. SEO tools collect and store many data, that will help you to make an informed decision.
How to choose Best SEO tools suitable for you?
There are several SEO tools in the market today. Few points to keep in mind before investing in an SEO tool.
- Return on Investment (ROI): In the case of a website attracting more potential customers for your business and increasing sales, it is crucial to building a robust website.
- Time: In today’s world, time is money! There are free best SEO tools available in the market. Most website owners try to save money by using these tools, which do not give proper results. So after spending months and years of effort, since they did not get expected results, think about investing in paid tools.
- Accuracy: Another factor that makes a big difference in your SEO process is the accuracy of the tools you choose. So, you need to compare the available options and choose the right fit.
Since it is an uphill task to compare various tools and get reviews, we have gathered information and ranked a few best SEO tools in Top 16 Best SEO tools list.
Top 16 Best SEO tools List
First on our list of Top 16 Best SEO tools is SEMRush. SEMRush is a complete analytics SEO software to get insights about your competitors’ strategy and evaluate your content. This tool has been used extensively by many digital marketers around the world.
SEMrush is a leading best SEO tool that is successfully helping a lot of website owners, and E-commerce entrepreneur’s to know the SEO strategies of their competitors.
The SEO tools provide the best help for SEO, PPC, Backlinks, SERP, Ad Campaigns, Keyword Research, and many more.
Features of SEMRush
SEMRush is a package of many small seo tools to help in your SEO strategy. Some of the outstanding features are
- Doman vs. Domain: Helps you to compare between domains.
- Organic Research: It allows the user to see the ranked keyword used by the competitors.
- Charts: Perform a competitive analysis for a couple of domains.
- Keyword Magic Tool: Get new keyword ideas, and also their search trends.
- CPC Map: You would be able to track the average cost per click for ads across different regions.
- Analytics reports: Detail analytics reports on various factors like Organic research, Advertising research, Display Advertising, Backlinks, Keywords, Etc.
What is the purpose of using SEMRush?
- Plan your strategies for blogging.
- Intensive keyword research and analyzing trends.
- Track website ranking and changes on SERP.
- Enables you to perform an in-depth SEO Audit.
- Detailed reporting on your website and also on competitors’ websites.
- One tool for all the Digital Marketing requirements
There are three subscription plans for SEMRush and an additional customizable enterprise plan.
- Pro Plan – $99.95 per Month
- Guru Plan – &199.95 per Month
- Business Plan – $399.95 Per Month
Cons. of SEMRush
- The user interface of the tool looks complex and, overwhelming for new users.
- Advanced features are accessible only in the higher subscription plans.
Boost your website With SEMrush today.
Second, on our list of Top 16 best tools is Ahrefs. Ahrefs is a web crawler which collects and stores data like Google. This tool is developed by keeping users as a priority since it has the best interface compared to the rest in our list.
It’s primarily useful for keyword research, competitive analysis, URL rankings, backlink audits, and much more. Ahrefs now offers organic search reports to understand the traffic of competitors’ websites.
Users subsequently utilise that extracted data to keyword research, link building, search engine optimisation strategies, rank tracking, and content advertising. I especially love their keyword explorer tool, which permits you to see keyword issue and associated keywords that “also rank” for focus keyword phrases.
Features of Ahrefs
- Keyword Research: Research data is pulled from over 10 top search engines and thus gives a robust data.
- Click Data: This SEO tool also provides data not only on search volume but also the clicks. Some terms have higher search volume but clicked very less due to answers displayed on the SERP.
- Traffic Estimation: The tool provides a predictive metric to give you an insight on search and traffic potential.
- SERP History: Get an understanding of the previous competition on SERP for a particular keyword and the current competitors.
What is the purpose of using Ahrefs?
Ahrefs can help you improve your website giving tips about on-page SEO
- They provide a very detail backlink report.
- Ahrefs can also give you an idea of content gaps in the current search trends which you can leverage to develop content.
The tool can give you Link rating so that you are aware of the consequences of including in your website.
There are four subscription plans for Ahrefs and an additional customizable enterprise plan.
- Lite: $99 – with a trial for $7 per Month
- Standard: $179 Per Month
- Advanced: $399 Per Month
- Agency: $999 Per Month
Cons. of Ahref
Ahrefs do not create client-facing reports which are required by digital marketing agencies.
GET Ahref Today
Advanced Web Ranking is the next best SEO tool on our Top 16 best SEO tools list. This tool is well-known for its specific rank tracking ability. Rank tracking for a website specifically for devices like desktop and mobile and also tracks for local searches since ranking differ for these entities.
Features of Advanced Web Ranking
- Website rankings report: Upto date website ranking reports generated on demand. The report includes user data over the type of devices, local listing and all other SERP metrics.
- SEO Reports for Clients: Reports can be downloaded in various formats and shares as the tool provides white labelled reports.
- Competitor Research: In the field of SEO, know competitors and their target keywords, content strategy can help you to modify your website to a great extent.
What is the purpose of using Advanced Web Ranking?
- The database of Advanced Web Ranking contains a reserve of keywords and other metrics.
- It helps in building a content strategy for your website.
- The reports generated by Advanced Web Ranking are white-labelled.
Cons. of Advanced Web Ranking
- The report generation process takes is not instant since real-time rank tracking takes some time.
- The tool does not deal with backlinks or other link building process
Boost your website With Advanced Web Ranking today.
The next popular best SEO tool on our top 16 best SEO tools list is Growthbar. Growthbar is a simple SEO tool that functions as a Chrome extension. Since this tool is not a web app, it can work directly on the SERP page.
Because of its user-friendly interface and data collection strategy, it’s become the most liked SEO tools for freelancers, small businesses, and new entrepreneurs.
Features of Growthbar
- Organic Research: Provides alternate keywords and their competitive scores.
- Competitor analysis: Track your competitors’ target keywords and other SEO metrics which help them rank on SERP
- Ranking Difficulty: Growthbar provides users with difficulty scores to easily decide if they can easily rank on SERP.
- Word Count: One of the unique features of this SEO tool is the ability to provide the number of words on a page ranking on SERP.
What is the purpose of using Growthbar?
- Easy to use and immediate results as it works on SERP directly.
- To understand competitors target keywords
- It helps in building a content strategy for your website.
Growthbar offers a free trial period of 5 days. Post the trial period the subscription will cost you $49 per month.
Cons. of GROWTHBAR
- The tool does not provide in-depth insights into technical SEO metrics.
- Since it is not an app or web crawler, it does not have historical data for comparison.
Get started with a 5-day free trial of Growthbar
Next on our Top 16 best SEO tools list is LinkMiner by Mangools. It is a simple SEO tool developed specifically to mine quality backlinks of your competitors to try to replicate the same.
Features of LinkMiner
- Preview of the Website: You will be able to preview the web page, which has provided the backlink to that particular web page.
- Store URLs for later usage: Instead of exporting the report every time into an excel, you will be able to save the data and use it later.
- Organise URLs: One of the unique features of LinkMiner is that you can organise URLs according to custom categorie.
What is the purpose of using LinkMiner?
- Competitor Research: You can find out where your competitors have gotten backlinks and try to replicate them for your domain.
- Backlink Analysis: Not all backlinks are valuable, and some links can even hurt your website ranking. Thus it is crucial to understand the weightage of the links from other website domains.
- Link Reclamation: When websites are updated, they might forget to link back to your site. LinkMiner can help you find the lost links and reclaim those links.
Mangools offers a free trial period of 10 days. There are three paid subscription plans for the tool
- Mangools Basic: $29.90 per month
- Mangools Premium: $39.90 per month
- Mangools Agency: $79.90 per month
Cons. of LinkMiner
- The LinkMiner is not a standalone tool hence cannot subscribe to this tool alone.
- Linkminer is too simple in reporting, lacks advance SEO reports for experts.
Next on our list of Top 16 best SEO tools is Authority Labs. It is another remarkable SEO tool that is loaded with super easy and user friendly interface.
Authority Lab allows you to easily setup multiple websites and do SEO optimization for your campaigns.
Features of Authority Labs
- Rank Tracker: Automatic reporting for local and mobile ranking. You can also monitor the performance of your website with accurate keyword data.
- White labeled reports: Reports generated by Authority Labs can be shared with other teams and clients.
- Unlimited Users: There can be unlimited users in one account so that an agency can work with one account and several users.
What is the purpose of using Authority Labs?
- Track ranking: This tool has a unique feature to track rank hyper-specific to mobiles and even by city and Zip Code.
- Track Feature Snippets: Unlike other tools that track SERP metrics, authority labs can track Feature Snippets and possible opportunities.
Find the best and worst-performing keywords on your website
Authority Labs offers a free trial period of 30 days. There are four paid subscription plans for the tool
- Plus: $49 per month
- Pro: $99 per month
- Pro Plus: $225 per month
- Enterprise: $450 per month
Cons. of Authority Labs
- The keyword tool is not flexible enough to add or change filters to get more insights.
Serpstat is another most recommended best SEO tool used by top digital marketing solutions. Serpstat is the best place for optimizing your SEO to run your ad and do content marketing campaigns.
Serpstat is fully loaded with high-end SEO tools like Competitor research, keyword analysis, PPC analysis, Etc. Serpstat Dashboard is very easy and smoothly use to avoid complexity.
Features of Serpstat
- Collect profitable words for SEO and PPC: The tool offers a unique blend of keyword research for both SEO and paid campaigns.
- Keyword trend analysis: Performance and trend analysis of various keywords in SERP for paid campaigns.
- SEO Audit: Check your internal SEO metric and factors affecting the ranking of your website.
What is the purpose of using Serpstat?
- Track international data: You can easily change your target group from one country to another or include users from another country in your target audience.
- Paid PPC: Serpstat can help you to find profitable PPC keywords and also for other paid ad campaigns.
- Relevance Metric: One of the metrics for Google to rank your webpage on SERP is the relevance score. The understanding relevance score for your webpage can help you tweak for better results.
Serpstat offers a free trial period of 30 days. There are four paid subscription plans for the tool
- Lite: $69 per month
- Standard: $149 per month
- Advanced: $299 per month
- Enterprise: $499 per month
Cons. of Serpstat
- Serpstat is a bit slow since the tool generates data on a real-time basis.
- Keyword data is not accurate.
Next on our list of Top 16 best SEO tools is SEOptimer.
Features of SEOptimer
- Comprehensive Website Audit: White-labeled reports for websites with clear indicators for the gradual improvement of website ranking.
- Embeddable audit tools: The tool provides a simple form that can be embedded on the website to generate leads and send them to other CRM like MailChimp or Salesforce.
- Languages and customization: This particular SEO tool can provide reports in languages like French, Spanish and German
What is the purpose of using SEOptimer?
- Content Marketing and content strategy
- SEOptimer provides robust SEO audit it is highly recommended for on-page SEO
- User-friendly user interface
SEOptimer offers a free trial period of 30 days. There are three paid subscription plans for the tool
- DIY SEO: $19 per month
- White Label: $29 per month
- White Label and Embedding: $59 per month
Cons. of SEOptimer
- In-depth knowledge: To make most out of the tool, users must have good SEO understanding.
Next on our list of Top 16 best SEO tools list is Moz. SEO software Moz is one of the best SEO tools that is extensively used by experts. Moz allows you to site auditing, rank tracking, backlink analysis, keyword research.
Moz has a pro version name is MozPro that is used by professionals or advanced users. In this, you get features like MozBar browser extension that helps in SEO analysis, Google SERP, and Moz score info in your browser.
Features of Moz
- Site audits: Moz is one of the well-known web crawlers. This best SEO tool crawls your website on demand and reports all the technical issues within your website.
- Rank tracking: This tool keeps track of all keywords that fall under your niche.
- Backlink Analysis: Moz can mine backlinks and also help us to track a competitor’s content strategy
What is the purpose of using Moz?
- Moz tool is almost a one-stop solution to track all SEO metrics.
- One of the best for Keyword research and also site audit
- Link analyser
Moz offers a free trial period of 30 days. There are four paid subscription plans for the tool
- Standard: $99 per month
- Medium: $149 per month
- Large: $249 per month
- Premium: $599 per month
Cons. of MOZ
- The database contains only United States User metrics.
- Since it is limited to only one country, it does not have a large number of keyword data.
Nest on our list of Top 16 Best SEO tools list is SEOQuake. SEOQuake is a powerful SEO tool that works like an extension of your google chrome. By adding SEOQuake extension into the chrome browser, you can check any webpage for a huge selection of SEO parameters on the fly, with the free SEOquakr browser extension.
SEOQuake specially used when it comes to content marketing as it quickly gives a detailed report of any website on just one click. SEOQuake extension is also available for Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Opera Browser.
SEOQuake provides essential metrics, such as:
- Alexa rank
- Domain Age
- SEMrush rank
- Number of internal and external links
- Number of following or nofollow links
- Page Info
- Keyword Density
Features of SEOQuake
- Real-time SEO Audit: you can check any webpage SEO health with real-time diagnosis features.
- Link Examiner: Get all the detailed reports of both internal and external links on any webpage.
- SEO Bar: Get instant SEO details for any webpage with an interactive SEO Bar that can be adjusted with your need or switched off completely.
What is the purpose of using SEOQuake?
- Used for finding broken links, internal and external links, follow and nofollow links
- Complete on-page SEO audit.
- Real-time URLs and Domain comparing
- Easily export data into CSV file format.
It is a FREE SEO TOOL
Cons. of SEOQuake
- Little bit confusion for new users.
SpyFu gives you the flexibility to the user to find the top-ranked keywords applied by their competitors. It also shows the ad campaign run by the competitors with their organic searches.
Features of SpyFu
- PPC Competitor Research: Find keywords targets by your competitor and also test ads they have run. It is a vital feature since you are spending money on paid campaigns.
- SEO Competitor Research: Knowing your competitor and their target keywords and their content strategy will always keep you ahead of the race.
- Domain Leads and Top Lists: Create a custom list of domains and then track their paid ad campaigns and also target keywords.
What is the purpose of using SpyFu?
- It is a tool you can count on for spying on your competitor.
- Track a custom group of keywords and ranking on SERP.
- To decide better on target keywords for PPC
There are three paid subscription plans for the tool.
- Basic: $33 per month
- Professional: $58 per month
- Team: $199 per month
Cons. of Spyfu
- SpyFu has a bit complex interface. New users might not be comfortable with it in the beginning.
Sitechecker is an online SEO score checking website. It is a great site that gives you an in-depth SEO analysis to make SEO improvement. Just put your URL in the Analysis search bar and done. It takes 2 to 5 min for a complete SEO analysis of your site.
Once Sitechecker inspects your website, you get insights into backlinks, traffic, ranking, and many more.
Features of Sitechecker
- Website SEO Checker – Check if there are any broken links and analyse other links.
- Website SEO Monitoring – The tool can check if there are any indexing issues on your website.
- On-page SEO Checker – Check for SEO factors like Meta titles, description, title tags from H1 to H6 and other factors.
What is the purpose of using Sitechecker?
It is a robust tool for on-page SEO. It can help you track any opportunity of improving your site like images with missing alt tags, errors in technical SEO, etc. Sitechecker gives a robust report on backlinks. Therefore you can track your new backlinks and lost ones.
There are three paid subscription plans for the tool.
- Lite: $9 per month
- Startup: $29 per month
- Growing: $69 per month
Long Tail Pro is our next tool on our list of Top 16 best SEO tools list, one of the best for beginners and start-ups. Long Tail Pro is a keyword research tool that helps you in finding low KD keywords.
These keywords help in acquire high-converting online traffic, whatever your niche is.
Features of Long Tail Pro
- Keyword research
- Track keywords in groups
- Import and Export of data from the tool.
What is the purpose of using Long Tail Pro?
- Generate long-tail keyword ideas
- Track keywords and their performance
Long Tail Pro offers a free trial period of 7 days. There are three paid subscription plans for the tool
- Starter: $37 per month
- Pro: $67 per month
- Agency: $147 per month
Cons. of Long Tail Pro
- Long Tail Pro is limited to keyword research.
- The tool is limited to the analysis of seed keywords.
Next in our list of top 16 best SEO tools list is SEObility. It is a very powerful SEO tool that help you in monitoring your website. It comes with handy SEO optimization with its daily update and link building software.
SEObility help the new entrepreneurs to enhance their ranking in SERP. It also help in fast crawling you all linked pages of your website easily and efficiently such as duplicate content and broken links.
Features of SEObility
- Crawls website on demand also works as Site Audit
- Keeps track of google ranks and also provides daily reports.
- Link checker: check for the quality of backlinks.
What is the purpose of using SEObility?
- Reliable tools for SEO audit of your website and crawls on demand.
- Handy to run on-page SEO checks like Meta title, description, Etc.
- Whitelabel reports sharing with clients.
SEObility offers a free basic plan. You can also try out the Premium for 30 days. There are two paid subscription plans for the tool
- Premium: $50 per month
- Agency: $200 per month
Next on our list of Top 16 best SEO tools list is a link building & influencer outreach platform for SEO agencies, Brands, Publishers that is Pitchbox. Pitchbox is an ultimate solution that arranges and automates the influencer outreach and content marketing
Features of Pitchbox
- Multi-Campaign: You will be able to run campaigns and also contact content publishers and bloggers.
- Review Sites: The tool can easily pick sites that are best in doing product reviews
- User-friendly interface
- Reporting and analytics: Make a data-driven decision with outreach analytics and segments report.
- SEO Integration: Advance SEO integration from industry leaders like SEMrush, Ahref, Moz, and Majestic.
What is the purpose of using Pitchbox?
- It has a unique feature to find bloggers and influencers and also to contact.
- Identify substantial link building opportunities.
- Use Templates to send personalized emails and automated follow-ups.
Pitchbox, unlike other tools on our list, does not have a fixed subscription plan. You need to contact the team to know the price.
Next on our list of Top 16 best SEO tools list is Ubersuggest crafted by a well-known digital marketer, Neil Patel. It is basically a free online keyword research SEO tool that helps you in finding best long-tail keywords to increase your content outreach.
Features of Ubersuggest
- Domain Overview: Enter a domain name and to get an overview about the traffic and keywords.
- Keyword Suggestions: The tool has an enormous database of keywords and competition index.
- Content Ideas: Ubersuggest is one of the few tools that can provide content ideas that have been popular on social media.
Ubersuggest offers a free basic plan. You can also try out paid plans for seven days. There are three subscription plans
- Individual: $12 per month
- Business: $20 per month
- Enterprise: $40 per month
In our Top 16 best SEO tools list, We have mentioned all tools that you require to create a successful and engaging website for your reader. We have only provided you with the top features of each SEO tool; they have many more standard features to all the SEO tools.
Let us know which tool in our list is best suited for you, and if you have any queries, you can let us know in the comment section below, and we will help you get a clear picture before you finalize on one tool.